Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pause

How many of us get up in the morning in haste, oblivious to the countless chores that lay ahead of us.  Contemplating which one we'll do first.  Or how much we can do in a short time.

Slow down.

Tough call we'll say.  How do you slow down these days, when each of us are expected to deliver more than we ought to.  'Carpe diem', seize the day.  How often do we let the day seize us instead.  We'll lay at night drained with energy from all the multiple roles we played.  I'm guilty of that.

Today, I resolve to slow down.  To take a pause every once in a while.  It doesn't have to be an elaborate relaxation routine.   I'll take more deep breaths and perhaps do little stretches here and there (while waiting for the light to turn green, checking out of the grocery, in the elevator and walking to the parking lot).

I'll play a little longer with my son, make funnier faces and sounds, and tickle him more.   Read and snuggle with my husband more and do the things I love the most.  Paint and write.

Few minutes each day will do for a start.  And as I progress in the lessons of the 'art of letting go', I'll savor the moments that matter most.


No comments: