Thursday, June 5, 2008

Fit for a Princess

Princess Birthday Pop-Up Card
Mixed media on heavyweight cardstock, 5.5 x 8.5 inches.

The amazement in her eyes as she opened the pop-up card I made for her was priceless. Her jaw dropped as she exclaimed "Wow!". Her 'thank yous' that doesn't seem to end made my day.

Our little niece is growing up. I met her when she was just five, four years ago before I married my husband. My sister in law adopted her from Korea when she was just nine months old. She has those blushing chubby cheeks in her homecoming picture, and a huge bow on her hair. And the first word she said when her new mom pulled off that bow was "No!"

Yesterday, she turned nine. Soon, she'll be nineteen. For now, we'll enjoy watching our budding gymnast tumbles and flips. And today, she was on the phone, telling her best friend about her princess card.

Fairy tales do come true. I know three that ended happily. Hers and her parents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story, and you made that card? Wow, very creative, it's beautiful. I can see why your niece was so thankful. :)

Sherie said...

Thank you Jolynn.