Wednesday, May 4, 2011

DIY Handpainted Envelopes




DIY Handpainted Envelopes

This is a fun project you can do with your kids indoors on a rainy or cold spring day.

As I was finishing the thank you cards for our son's first birthday, I realized I ran out of envelopes.  Instead of packing all the kiddos to drive out in the 40 degree weather just to pick up some, I thought of making our own since we only needed few.

I used an old envelope as a template, cut and glued the sides.  And the fun part began.  Both our toddlers, 1 and 3 year olds had fun painting to their heart's content.  They didn't have to paint all the envelopes, I taught big brother to press other envelopes on the ones he already painted to make prints on the rest.  The result were one of a kind, colorful envelopes.  

The hardest part was making my boys stop.  Make your own too, and have fun!

No comments: